Saturday, May 25, 2013

Introduction

Welcome to the Back Porch Gardening blog!

First I suppose an introduction would be in order. My name is Lee and this is my second season with a back porch garden. I started my back porch garden for a few reasons.


  • First, I live in the county and deer are a rampent problem for gardeners. Keeping them out of raised beds wasn't a fight I felt like fighting. I know people who've tried everything from fencing to chemical sprays to planting marigolds all with mixed results. Either way, I have a nice big back deck that was just begging for container gardening.
  • Second, I wanted fresh veggies and herbs. I really enjoy cooking and fresh ingredients are a must.
  • Finally, I wanted to use it as a teaching tool for my son. There are so many things a kid can learn from a garden, from science to conservation to economics.

I wanted to blog because I enjoy gardening and haven't found a really good online source of information regarding back porch container gardening. I by no means claim to be an expert but I hope to share a few tips and tricks that I've learned along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment