Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back Porch Gardening Upclose

If I haven't mentioned it already, I'm an avid photographer. My camera of choice is a Nikon D7000. I'm always taking pictures of my kids, plants, back porch, yard, pond and pretty much anything else I can.

I wanted to take some interesting shots of my garden and decided to use my  100mm macro Lens manufactured by Tokina. For those of you who are unaware, a macro lens (sometimes also referred to as micro) is used to take extreme close ups. In the case of this Tokina, it is capable of up to a 1:1 macro ratio meaning the size of the impression on the sensor (or film back in the day) is the same size as the subject is in real life. A good way to think about it would be that if you used a 1:1 macro lens on a film camera to shoot a penny then the image of the penny on the film negative would be identical to the penny in real life. The same idea applies with digital but it gets a bit fuzzy when you're talking 1s and 0s instead of an actual picture on a negative. 

Anyway, a few of these shots will look familiar. Anyone with a macro has probably taken a close up of a petunia. I did that but also wanted to show an extreme close up view of some plants grown not for their aesthetics. Enjoy!



Bell Pepper 


Tomato Blossom


Begonia


Cilantro 


Tiger Ganzania


Another Tiger Ganzania


French Marigold


Fuscia


Jalapeño Blossom


Jalapeño Emerging


Petunia


Another Petunia


Squash Blossom


Strawberry Blossom


A Strawberry On The Vine


Zucchini Blossom


No comments:

Post a Comment